Thursday, February 25, 2010

Apples for Apples (Eye for an Eye) and a Tooth for a Tooth

QUOTE OF THE DAY: "And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbor; as he hath done, so shall it bedone to him again; Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth...." (Exodus 21: 23, 24a, and Leviticus 24: 20, King James Version Bible).

There is such a temptation when there is unforgiveness shrouded in bitterness and rage to repay with one's own wrath. The Bible says of God that vengeance is His alone. When I have tried to position myself to turn my personal wrath on others, it turns on me and it bites me in the patookus. Yes, I said patookus--arse, butt, behind, hind quarters, bum, dupa--you know the drill.







WEBPAGE FOR THE DAY:
(REALLY CHECK THIS OUT--IT IS THE BEST RENDITION OF UNFORGIVENESS I HAVE EVER SEEN.)

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=apples&form=QBIR&qs=n&sc=7-6#focal=243c36b18eee
ae5177633e8f585080ee&furl=http%3A%2F%2Fproveedor.files.wordpress.com%2F2008%2F1
1%2Fevil_apple.jpg